Friday, March 2, 2012

Snap Shots of Plants, Scenery and Nature

I went hiking last week in a forest area somewhere between the border of Sabah and Indonesia, Pensiangan. As I was hiking, I took some pictures of plants, some nice scenery and river.
A close picture of the flower. Sorry, do not know the name of this plant.
My favorite among all, the wild orchid. Had a story to this.I always wanted this orchid to be planted in my garden. And I had the opportunity last week to take the baby of this orchid. As I was carrying in my bag, I noticed the honey suckling insects ("anak madu") were intensely orbiting me. And more of it came to me until I took out the baby orchid and place it back to where I took it. The "anak madu" was still around me, but not so intense as when I was having the baby orchid with me. Strange, but I got a feeling the forest area did not want me to carry home part of it's beauty back to my garden. Or I could be over sensitive.
And the little sucker "leeches" that made the hiking journey a little fearsome.
 
The curling plant that "awe" me
Which is actually part of the fern growing.
Across the mountain is Kalimantan, Indonesia!
One satisfying view after hiking an hour
After the hiking, we headed back to the car and always find the view of the river welcoming us at the end of the journey is somehow refreshing. Always wanted to dive in, but never bring enough clothes to do so.
~Happy Viewing~

No comments: